Employer: Central Alberta Medical Imaging Services (CAMIS)
Location: Red Deer, AB
Industry: Health Services
CENTRAL ALBERTA MEDICAL IMAGING SERVICES (CAMIS)
Central Alberta Medical Imaging Services (CAMIS) is a physician owned and operated practice dedicated to helping Albertans elevate their health, offering a range of medical imaging and diagnostic services. CAMIS has seven central Alberta locations including three sites in Red Deer, and one each in the towns of Sylvan Lake, Olds, Stettler, and Rocky Mountain House.
Our highly qualified and trained team of experts is comprised of radiologists and over 150 support staff including technologists and administration who are professional and patient-focused, while ensuring that our services are easily accessible to those in need.
Our passion for quality imaging is our driving force, and our commitment to quality care is what makes us the largest and leading full-service diagnostic imaging service provider in central Alberta.
At CAMIS, we care for our patients, staff, and the community by providing expert care, and delivering accurate, effective, and quality medical imaging and diagnostic reporting services and results. Our experienced team of board-certified radiologists and technologists, matched with our high-quality modern medical imaging equipment, provide the best in diagnostic imaging in central Alberta.
To learn more about our organization, the services we offer, and our various convenient locations, please visit our website at www.camiscare.ca
We have a need for an experienced and dedicated Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will lead our team and work with our seven-member Board of Directors. Reporting to the Board, this newly created position will be responsible for assisting the establishment and achievement of the organization's strategic direction, fostering a positive, inspiring, and collaborative work environment, and driving growth for the organization. The CEO will work closely with our team of radiologists, staff, and partners to enhance our position as a leader in radiology services and education.
With a deep commitment to patient-centred care and the communities we serve, the CEO will also bring exceptional knowledge of Alberta’s evolving healthcare system. As the senior administrative leader at CAMIS, the CEO will empower employees to actively work toward organization-wide goals and increase workflow efficiency. CAMIS has an organizational structure as follows:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS OVERVIEW
The CEO will lead and oversee the following objectives and responsibilities:
- Support the Board of Directors in the development of rolling 3 to 5-year strategic plan, aligning the mission, vision, and goals of CAMIS.
- Collaborate with senior management to implement long-term goals and strategic plans for the organization, taking into account market trends, patient needs, and technological advancements.
- Develop annual business plans to guide and optimize the operations of CAMIS.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with healthcare providers, institutions, and industry stakeholders.
- Conduct regular analysis of financial and operational data, gathering reports and presenting insights to the Board.
- Ensure that a high-performing team of radiologists, managers, administrative and support staff are supported and provided the necessary resources needed to be successful.
- Foster a positive work environment that promotes collaboration, team work, effective communication, and staff engagement.
- Provide ongoing leadership, guidance, and support to the various clinic locations.
- Together with the Human Resources Manager, oversee all human resource functions within the organization (i.e., recruitment, onboarding, training and professional development, regular performance evaluations, mentorship, etc.) for all staff members including technicians, administration, and support staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations, ensuring the highest standards of patient care, quality, and safety are practiced.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to ensure smooth operations of the organization, and benchmark these against current industry trends.
- Optimize and standardize operational processes and workflows to enhance efficiency, productivity, and minimize patient wait times.
- Liaise and collaborate with vendors, suppliers, and key stakeholders to maintain medical equipment, to ensure its proper functioning while minimizing downtime.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s), and implement data-driven decision-making practices to quantify and optimize organizational performance.
- Ensure the provision of excellent patient care by maintaining high standards of quality, accuracy, and confidentiality throughout the organization.
- Address patient inquiries, concerns, and complaints, properly resolving any issues to maintain superior patient care/service.
- Ensure that patient scheduling, registration, and billing is a priority.
- Work with the Managers, Financial Controller, and the Board to set and implement the organization’s annual budget.
- In conjunction with the Controller, ensure that accurate financial planning, overall financial performance, monitoring of expenses, allocation of financial resources, and cost-savings opportunities are adhered to and identified.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility and transparency within the overall financial operations.
Innovation and Growth:
- Guide the organization through growth and transformation, identifying and pursuing viable service, expansion, and growth opportunities, and partnerships consistent with strategy while mitigating risks.
- Explore and implement emerging technologies and best practices to enhance patient care and services.
- Stay updated with industry regulations, standards, and guideline related to radiology services, ensuring adherence to legal, ethical, and accreditation requirements.
- Implement and maintain safety protocols to minimize potential risks, and guarantee a safe environment for patients and staff.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with referring physicians, healthcare organizations, and the broader communities in which we operate.
- Promote ownership's role in improving community health and well-being through radiology services.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES OVERVIEW
The CEO will be able to confidently demonstrate the following:
- Familiarity with healthcare and regulatory compliance, along with a passion for quality patient service.
- A non-wavering commitment to the highest standards of patient care, and a strong focus on delivering superior service.
- In addition to a strong understanding of radiology, associated technology, and industry trends, a solid business mind and knowledge of business principles is required.
- Ability to work with a Board of Directors and approach key decisions with a big-picture and strategic mindset, while focusing on the long-term sustainability and growth of the overall business.
- Proven leadership in the day-to-day operations of multiple sites across a large geographical region.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build lasting professional relationships and engage and inspire staff, the Board, and key stakeholders.
- Willingness to support and mentor the employees of CAMIS. A passion for promoting CAMIS as an employer of choice, with the goal of continuing to attract top-talent within the field of radiology and diagnostic imaging.
- The capability to promote and lead change, create a positive work culture, and promote CAMIS in a positive light within the communities in which we operate.
- A keen eye for financial impacts that decisions may have on the overall direction of the organization.
- Ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner, and stick to those decisions while maintaining an ethical and professional approach.
- Comfort in developing and presenting well-researched management reports, market trends, and action plans.
- A firm understanding of project management and best practices within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and the willingness to delegate and empower staff to work through processes, while clearly setting expectations and ensuring accountability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OVERVIEW
The successful candidate will possess the following, or an acceptable combination focused on senior administrative leadership:
- A post-secondary degree in healthcare administration, business/commerce, or a relevant discipline (an MBA would be an asset).
- A minimum of 7 years of executive operational leadership experience in healthcare, radiology and diagnostic imaging, professional services, or a related field.
- Operational leadership experience in a medical or radiology clinic, with a strong understanding of radiology, regulatory requirements and compliance within the healthcare industry, budgeting and financial management, change management, as well as process improvement.
- Solid and proven leadership skills, coupled with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of professionals and administrative staff.
- Proficiency in, understanding of, and/or willingness to learn relevant IT software applications pertaining to the healthcare field (i.e., spreadsheets, business analysis software, electronic medical records (EMR) systems, etc.).
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate. This includes an attractive and competitive base salary, a comprehensive benefits package, RRSP Contributions, Professional Development Opportunities, etc. Details will be discussed in further conversations.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.
Phone: (780) 758-9796
E-mail: [email protected]